So it’s finally official! I got the job at Bürgenstock Resort in Switzerland.
Located 450 m above Lake Lucerne in the canton of Nidwalden close to Lucerne, this 5-star hotel awaits you with a combination of modern comfort and a traditional Swiss ambiance. Guests can benefit from free access to Bürgenstock Alpine Spa.
Bürgenstock Resort Lake Lucerne by Numbers:
- 3: the number of pools found at the 10,000sqm Alpine Spa, including an outdoor, infinity pool with incredible views over Lake Lucerne.
- 9: the temperature of the water taken from the Lake which offers one of the most efficient air-con systems in the world and keeps the Resort near CO2 neutral.
- 25: the number of minutes it will take for the 5 million Swiss Franc catamaran being constructed specially for the resort to cross from Lucerne to Kehrsiten at the bottom of the mountain. From there, guests catch the funicular up into the lobby of Bürgenstock Hotel.
- 40: the cents in every Swiss Franc generated which will go back to the local community.
- 60: the number of seats which will be found in the Resort’s own private cinema.
- 200: the number of fireplaces found throughout Bürgenstock Resort, which will run on butane gas.
- 300: the bottles of wine expected to be made from the grapes grown in the resort’s own vineyard.
- 383: the amount of guest rooms and suites found across the Resort.
- 5 million: the number of Swiss Francs being spent on landscaping using indigenous plants between now and October.
- 43 million: the amount spent just on preserving existing heritage buildings at the Resort during the project.