Yes, the question in the title, I got on this one day. And it's really good, right? photo: Lina Benatti
Life goes up and down and sometimes it is as you say most "crap". My first recommended step is always to accept that life is not always on top.
1. Socialize more. People feel better when they integrate with other people that they like. Spend more time to be with them.
2. Train. If the exercise benefits were in the form of a pill that would basically all doctors print this "medicine". Exercise may even cure a mild depression.
3. Meet the animals. Being with animals increases both our mental and physical wellbeing.
4. Listen to music. Listen to music that makes you feel good and be happy. However, avoid "sad songs".
5. Avoid refined sugar. This type of sugar is inflammation-inducing and has been linked to depression in a large Harvard study.
6. Go out in the sun. Try to get daily exposure to sunlight. In addition, we feel better about staying outdoors.
7. Sleep regularly. People who sleep too little suffer more from depression
8. Meditate. Meditation makes the stress level drops. In addition, meditation help us to live in the present, which makes us happier than to daydream.
9. Hobbies. To do something that is fun to create meaning and desire.
10. Volunteering. Helping others makes us feel that we are doing something good, something meaningful and that we are needed.
11. Show gratitude. By showing that you are thankful that also improve your own mood.